S Spring is in the air, hence itâs time to give your bedrooms a little springÂ refresh.Â My room is fairly new as we moved in February, however my room doesnât scream spring. My home dĂ©cor style is clean and modern, with hints of traditional pieces here and there. I have also committed to a less colorful color palette, with neutral dĂ©cor being the general theme of my master suite, hence finding the right pieces to add just the right amount of color while keeping true to the overall decor style wasnât the easiest task. I’m sure you are thinking, how do you create a spring theme room without filling the space with vibrant colorful pieces? The answer is to find muted colored pieces. I selected modernÂ saturated colors to give my room a spring refresher while staying true to the overall modern/minimalist theme of the room and the house in general. See what I did in my new Youtube video.
Make sure you scroll down to check out the photo gallery and shop the pieces in my master bedroom.
Â 5 ways to give your bedroom a spring refresh
1. Changed my sheets:I love white sheets, hence I kept my sheets white. I opted for white linen sheets as linen is a great spring fabric and does a great job of evoking the season. If you want something other than white, you can find neutral sheets in stripes and subtle floral prints to update your sheets without being too colorful and staying true to a minimalist vibe. I have linked a few options below.
2. Update decorative pieces with seasonal pieces:The easiest way to update a room for the season is with decorative pieces. I swapped vases for ones with a little more color and added greenery. I switched my coffee table books with ones that had more color. My dark trays were replaced with a muted green and gold option.
3. Swapped my neutral candle for one with a little color:I love candles. With the new season comes new spring scents. Your bedroom should not only look and feel like spring, but it should also smell like it. Hence filling the room with scents that evoke the season is crucial to creating the vibe.
4. Replace the comforter with a blanket:Spring means warmer weather, hence itâs time to put away the comforter/duvet. I love my duvet, however when the weather gets warm, a duvet can be a little overwhelming. It still gets cold in the spring in Atlanta, and my sheets never seem to be enough to keep my feet warm. A blanket is a great option for those cool spring nights. It’s not as heavy and warm as a duvet or comforter but does a great job of keeping the body warm at night.
5. Add colorful pillows:Pillows do a great job in creating a vibe in any room, hence selecting the right pillows are very important. I found these neutral pillows that feature my happy color yellow, and I love them. Because they feature various neutral colors, and the yellow hue featured in the pillows is saturated, it works great with my modern/ minimal decor.
R ROOM FURNITURE: canopy bed | Â rug l | bench | side tables | lamp | double bulb lamp | fig tree Â | mirror | wood side table | accent chair | dresserÂ | large brown vase | large basket | marble bowl | planter Â Â Â |Â Â Â BEDDING: Â large decorative pillows (cover only) | decorative pillow insert | small decorative pillow (cover only) | decorative pillow insert | washed linen fitted sheets | washed linen flat sheets | washed linen pillow cases | goose down pillows | blanketÂ
Shop more spring inspired home decor options
Check out my “Master bedroom tour – how to make your bedroom look like a hotel” post HERE
I hope you found these tips helpful. And will you be applying any to your bedrooms? Let me know with your comments below, thanks for stopping by!