As you guys know, we bought our home last year and moved in in February, right before Covid sent us all into lockdown. Luckily for me I purchased and received most of the items I selected for my home before we went into quarantine and have been updating here and there throughout the year. I have to admit I have been holding out on doing my dining room, and finally got it done this past December. I absolutely LOVE the space. The room flows seamlessly with the rest of the home, and I share all the details of the space and furniture details in my latest video, so make sure you check it out HERE.
In today’s post I am sharing some of the images from the new space as well as 5 tips to update your dining space without breaking the bank. These are tips I have used in the past and I know I will use in a few months when I am ready to switch things up for the new season. Scroll down to check out the images, the tips and a direct link to my new dining room tour video.
5 ways to elevate your dining room
Change the table fixture
Change the head chairs only
1. PaintThe easiest way to update your dining room or any space is to change the paint. Paint is the most cost-effective way to add life to a space and make a dramatic change to a room, so if you are on a budget but craving for change in your dining room, switch things up and add paint.
2. Light fixturesThe average light fixtures start around $60 and can go as high as $100,000! The cost of installing these fixtures also depend but can start around $75. A dining room light fixture adds drama to your space and is a perfect way to add interest to your room. I swapped my silver fixture for a more modern brass fixture that literally lights up the room. My fixture serves as a great focal point, ties in well with other brass mental furniture details on my main floor.
3. Add plantsDid you guys know that indoor plants help purify the air in your home and help with overall mental health? Now that we are home more, I believe it’s important to have plants in our homes. I have to admit I am not great with keeping plants alive but low maintenance plants such as snake plants are great if you don’t have a green thumb as they require little water and sunlight. In addition to plants being great for our health, they are also visually appealing. Faux plants are also a great option to add life to your dining room space. I added both real and faux plants to my dining room to lighten up the room and also add a little color to a modern space
4. Change the table fixtureA centerpiece can literally change the vibe of your dining space and is a great way to update your space. Vases, candles, floral arranges all do a great job of uplifting the space. This can be very inexpensive or extremely pricy depending on how dramatic you want to go. I love this option because it allows you to make a big difference without spending a lot. Stores like Home Goods have offer great candle and vase options that are super affordable. Even higher end stores have affordable options hence you can get the perfect centerpiece under $50!
5. Change the head chairs onlyBefore I switched out my dining table, I decided to update the space by swapping out two of my dining chairs. Instead of paying a fortune to buy a whole new set of chairs, I bought two. By simply switching the two chairs, I was able to create a huge impact without spending a tone. This is also a major home decor trend, so don’t hesitate to add two new head chairs to give your space a new look.
Shop my dining room furniture
Did you find these tips helpful? Let me know with your comments below.
Become an ABM Insider!